Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Wrapsody Breeze Haumea - 6 thumbs up for hot weather babywearing!

After reading the review, pop over and see how
gives your toddler a power pack protein, fiber & Vitamin E in a single serving!



It was February - my sister in love was 7 months pregnant with baby #3 and she was relocating from Washington State to sunny San Diego due to her husband's impending deployment. Besides all of the normal things that would plague a mom's mind during that time (where will I deliver? where will my kids go to school? how are we going to adapt while Daddy is on deployment, living 1,200 miles away from family?), there was definitely one thing that I knew that I could help mama out with. How is she going to wear this brand new baby in unbelievably hot weather??

I got on the task and started asking around on social media - hot weather moms: what do you recommend for babywearing in hot weather?? <- You can find the answers to this question on my guest post on the Wrapsody Baby blog!

One thing was abundantly clear; she needed a wrap that behaved completely differently than what she and I would have used in Washington. This is how the Wrapsody Haumea came to live at her house.

Then early April came. I flew in to San Diego with the intention of being with the family for the birth of baby, being that there was no family living close by and I was brimming with excitement. My two girls (Penny is 4, Ruby is 2) and I set aside 2 weeks to spend in SD and I was just praying for this baby to hold out until I got there. It would just make everything smooth for mama and daddy. I arrive, and my SIL is definitely smuggling a beachball under her shirt. Whew, ok baby - you can come out now. Auntie made it. Oh, and the fun part? We wouldn't know the gender of this baby until birth!

So Wrapsody Haumea arrives, while we eagerly guarded the front door in anticipation for this very special fluffymail. It was exceptionally meaningful to my SIL because she is a Labor & Delivery Nurse, helping babies and mamas is her job and passion. The name, Haumea, is for the Hawaiian Goddess of fertility and childbirth. Really, how much more perfect can that be for a professional in the birthing field and for a woman just about to become a mama.

We quickly started to break Haumea in, and prayed for her birthy vibes to welcome baby soon.



It took a week. We're not going to dwell on that. Instead we are going to show you some serious Haumea love instead!

The Wrapsody Breeze Haumea was a tricky wrap to love at first. As with all of the wraps in the Breeze line, it is a very thin, but very strong, gauze wrap that comes deceivingly "rough" at first. I will admit, it was a bit of a shock. But I knew that the work would be worth it with this wrap! So with the help of 4 kids, we broke Haumea in lightning fast with many hours of wrap hammocks, braiding, snuggling and of course - belly wrapping.


Three days after this photo was taken, little "DJ" came into the world! I became the proud auntie of my 5th nephew!

I got to spend another week with the family, filled with a visit to Disneyland, fun trips to the park and aquarium, late night board games and a little bit of time with our childrens' Nana. And then I had to go home :(

Haumea took a little bit of a break during the first month of DJ's life; mama was finding a lot more ease of use with a ring sling. But after about 5 weeks, his mama started sending me a few pictures and updates. Being a newbie wrapper it was hard at first to find the right amount of pull to give the wrap for it to hold tightly and last. Because the wrap is somewhat comparably "rough" to other cotton wraps, it doesn't slide around too much and holds quite well.

Mama really got to loving it.

This wrap has become her go-to in the already hot San Diego summer, and she's learned how to pull on it just right to get the perfect wrap and support where she and DJ need it.

But do you know who loves it the most? DJ's 8 year old big sister. Mama says that the wrap is a little more narrow than her other wraps so it fits her daughter better. It is easier and neater to wrap than her others!


"My favorite is when he falls asleep and I get to snuggle him."

Haumea definitely gets 6 thumbs up (from mama, big sis and DJ, of course!) from us.

Let me take a minute to just drool over the beautiful artisan work on this wrap too. Did you know that Wrapsody Breeze wraps are hand dyed in Bali Batik style for Wrapsody Baby by a family in Bali? 

While breaking in Haumea, I washed and ironed her many times. It truly became a labor of love to get this wrap broken in and ready for DJ and mama. The family laughed whenever they heard the creak of the ironing board open - "Bianca's at it again - she's ironing the wrap!" I loved ironing it because it gave me extra time to really take a close look at the hand painted hibiscus flowers and the extremely unique gradient of sunset colors throughout the length of the wrap. It's truly a one of a kind wrap, you won't find two Haumeas that look exactly alike; just how every labor, every child, and every season of motherhood is different.





Head over here to find out who won the 
Wrapsody Breeze giveaway!



Which Wrapsody Breeze wrap do you love the most?

Disclosure: All photography and opinions are 100% The Pierogie Mama's.  This giveaway is in no way associated with, sponsored, administered, or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or any other social media network. Participating bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Please contact Bianca via email: thepierogiemama@gmail.com if you have any questions or would like your product to be featured in a future post.  

51 comments:

  1. OH my this wrap is gorgeous!! Way to break it in so fast ladies!! I love the belly wrap shot!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet story! And this is the wrap I need to try in this southern heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried a wrap before, but I love to baby wear, so I'm sure I would enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new nephew! Thanks for all the information about this wrap, it sounds great! I love how DJ's sister likes to wear him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to pick just one, but I really like the wrapsody breeze freya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I wish these were around when my kids were babies! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love how comfy he looks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the Wrapsody Bali Breeze wrap!! Beautiful!! I love all of the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love "Lily" It's a gorgeous blend of colors that both my husband and i would love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the wrapsody haumea!! Its beautiful!! Love the print!! Our daughters name means beautiful eternal flower so its very fitting!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the Gabriel colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very good read! As i am new to baby wearing, i also have concern with my daughter being too hot! This is such a beautiful piece, and looks like a lot of fun to have my daughter close.
    Thank you pierogie mama, for posting this informative blog ��

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so very in love with the tracy, lily, dinah, and Haumea.
    This story is making me excited for my 9 year old son, hes so involved with his new baby sister! As we sit down for an oil change currently, she is in his arms. Big brothers and sisters are a god send! :)
    Congratulations on a healthy delivery and pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such beautiful wrap and I love the fact that it is light weight.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all so beautiful, but I think I like Noa best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that colorful cloth and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the haumea print the best... It's fabulous - bright yet delicate. To a lesser extent, I also like walden. Walden actually contains my favourite colours, but somehow I like haumea better :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the print you have here, I have one, they are great for warmer weather ,though they do dig a bit. Tradeoffs! I like the Noa best.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My favorite one in the collection is the Breeze: Lily.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the color way Haumeas it reminds me of my honeymoon from almost 5 years ago on the island of Oahu, Hawaii!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous wrap!! I need to get a cooler one for this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope is gorgeous and my favorite. They're all beautiful so it was hard to pick.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love batiks. I had no idea they were dyed in Bali. That's so cool!! My favorites are Lily and Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never used this kind of wrap before so I don't have a preference. However, i'd love to be able to add it to my stash! Babywearing is something that I do with my 10 month old multiple times a day, so having a variety of carriers makes it fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! Love me some baby wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's so hard to choose just one print! They're all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the Lucy and Lily patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Batik is such a gorgeous art. I really do love Haumea and Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have the Wrapsody Breeze Freya! i love how light-weight it is and perfect for hot weather. my LO loves to be snuggly-close!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the details, thank you, the fabric breathability, strength, support, weight are all important, thanks for covering it all

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! This wrap is beautiful! I definitely thinking i need it in this hot Florida weather..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like a cool wrap for summer. My grand baby will like this against her skin I'm sure. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  33. Angela Marie LarsonJune 26, 2016 at 2:12 AM

    Noa is my favorite.. I haven't used one of these, I stayed away from babywearing in hot weather until the breeze was recommended to me!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am becoming more and more anxious to use a wrap, its so stunning! (:

    ReplyDelete
  35. I wouldn't be able to choose! They are all so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a great story. I'm glad your sister-in-love is enjoying he wrap and her new squish! Congrats to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The Breeze Lucy wrap is really cute! They have a lot of nice patterns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. It is absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE the gauze factor!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such beautiful wraps! I think the Breeze would also be appropriate for us-- Summers in the Deep South are HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful! I love the tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the utter LOVE with these wraps!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love the Breeze: Lucy it is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  43. They have so many pretty ones but I like Noa better.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Haumea is so beautiful!! But Noah and Tracy print too.... Hard to choose!!!! But Haumea is just wow...!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...