Friday, March 14, 2014

Blogger Spotlight: Blessed in Homemaking

Today I'd like to welcome Alix, from Blessed in Homemaking. Alix and I have a lot in common - we both are passionate about natural and green living, but I feel like there is so much to learn from this mama as well.  She is educated in herbalism and has an Etsy shoppe where you can check out her natural remedies as well! I hope you enjoy my interview with her and check out her blog too!
~Bianca

First off, tell me a little bit about yourself and your family. How you and your SO met, a little about your kids / pets, something unique to your family.
I am a stay at home wife and mother. My husband and I met at church youth group. He was the gorgeous and outgoing drummer, and I was an introverted girl 3 years younger than him. When we got together, we dated for a while, had a 5 months engagement, and got married! We got married outside, right next door to a skeet competition. We joke that we had a shotgun wedding. We have two littles so far. My husband and I want a large family. Both of our children were born at home, unassisted (yep, I'm one of those crazy people). Both were water births. They were both absolutely amazing experiences.



What is it that got you into blogging? Has that changed over time? 
I started blogging shortly after my first child was born. I wanted to write his birth story down, and decided to just start a blog so that I could write about him as he grew. 
 The focus of my blog has definitely changed over time. I rarely write about my children now, to protect their privacy, and instead I write about several other topics, including holistic and healthy living, herbal remedies, essential oils, tutorials, parenting, and marriage on occasion.

What is your "niche," or your favorite topic to write about?
Herbal and natural remedies. Hands down my favorite. It's my passion.

Share your top 3 favorite posts on your blog.

What is a piece of advice, inspiring quote or phrase that really stood out to you in motherhood?
"Parenting without discipline is chaos. Discipline without joy is tyranny."


Bio: Alix is a stay at home wife to a wonderful man, and mother to two sweethearts. She spends her days teaching her children about Jesus, keeping her home, blogging, and increasing her knowledge of herbs and essential oils. She is an herbalist, and has a passion for natural, healthy living, and loves to share that knowledge with others. She is also passionate about natural childbirth. She runs a small business out of her home, selling her natural remedies, supplements, and body care products.

1 comment:

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...