Friday, June 12, 2015

My "Positive Moments" - Finding out that I was pregnant with Penny and Ruby

I participated in a Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for First Response. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.



I became pregnant, both times, in June. This month holds a very special place in my heart because I'm reminded that it's the month that I became a mama. I am also realizing that I have been pregnant, breastfeeding, or pregnant and breastfeeding for 4 years! 

Finding out that I was pregnant was so different between the two girls! The road to becoming pregnant with Penny was one filled with uncertainties, anxious waiting and feeling like we hit a wall at the end of each month. We wondered what was God's timing on all of this? And then Miss Ruby happened right when we wanted her to. So incredibly different!


Penny's first positive moment came when I had finally given in to God's plan. We had given up on our own "timing" and relaxed. It would happen when it would happen. It actually happened on an afternoon where I was a week late and I begrudgingly took a test - sarcastically expecting another disappointing result of a few minutes of annoying, yet hopeful waiting. When that positive happened, I stared. And stared. And stared some more. Hold on, really? Am I reading this right? Like every other woman before me, I scrambled back to read the instructions that I had hastily tossed aside thinking that it would be obvious when the result came. And that first positive was ... well, unbelievable. I couldn't believe that this was that moment where I learned that I was going to be a mom! A few weeks later my first ultrasound confirmed it.

Ruby's first positive moment happened on our 4 year anniversary. We had my parents watch Penny for the afternoon and we went out for drinks and lunch. I had a little hunch at that time that I might be pregnant, but didn't really want to get my hopes up. But all through lunch it kept nagging at me and finally we decided to just go buy a test. No bones about it - I was pregnant and found this out in the bathroom at Target. The lady in the other stall probably thought I was really weird when she heard my squeal of delight, but got the message when we washed our hands and she saw me walk out with a beaming face and the pregnancy test box in my hand.


That moment when you realize that you're carrying someone special is unforgettable. The whole world ceases to exist and it's just you and your baby. When the time is right, I'm excited for our "someday baby" #3 and maybe even #4. 


Both times that I confirmed my pregnancies I used the First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test. The new design features a wider tip and a longer handle (no more worries about that special moment being "messy" - you've got lots of time for that!).  It detects all relevant forms of urinary hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) throughout pregnancy and is able to tell you if you're pregnant as early as 6 (six) days before the day of your missed period.  You can find out whether you are pregnant or not within 3 minutes with 99% accuracy - and two pink lines mean you'r pregnant!  First Response Pregnancy tests are easy to find; they are available at all major drugstores, mass and grocery stores for $8.99 - $15.99.


Tell me about your first positive moment with your children!


4 comments:

  1. With my first. I knew right away. I felt different. We bought a test and saved it for Christmas morning to confirm it. Merry Christmas 2007 to us! .... I love my third child, and we wanted him, but it wasn't on MY timing, so that story isn't so positive. We were right in the middle of packing to move. I had been acting like a total witch to my sister-in-law the last couple days, who had done nothing wrong, and I finally realized, this was more than my usual mood swings. In between bubble wrapping, I ran to the bathroom, and came back waving a plastic stick as my husband yelling "WHY!? Why is there a plus sign here! There's not supposed to be a plus sign here!!!!" -Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget the rush of excitement plus the immediate panic- knowing there was no turning back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was the best day of my life! I will never forget the intense moment of joy and excitement! Best feeling in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember a sense of disbelief and awe. I had thought I'd come up with some cute way to tell my hubby that we were pregnant, but I just ran into the bedroom, shook him awake, and stuttered my way through, "we're going to have a baby!"

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...