"Back when I was in college, we didn't have CampusBookRentals.com. You either bought your textbooks from the bookstore or online and then tried to sell them at the end of the quarter when you were done with them."
Guys, I only graduated 5 years ago as of last month. Now I'm on the eve of my second pregnancy, have owned 2 homes, been married for almost 5 years and I kind of feel like I've lived three life times since then.
Renting college textbooks from CampusBookRentals.com is a great plan for college students because A) you're not shelling out tons of cash for books you won't likely keep, and B) getting those books back in circulation for another quarter cuts down on paper useage for new books. So you save green both ways - cash and the Earth. Win-win :)
A few more perks about using CampusBookRentals.com:
- Save 40-90% off of bookstore prices
- They offer live help! So if you have a need-to-solve-this-problem-right-now issue, there is most likely someone online to give you a hand. Much better than waiting on a company to reply to their email, or worse yet...calling during business hours...
- Free shipping both ways and rental insurance.
- Yes, you are allowed to highlight and mark in the books! This is definitely something you can't do if you want to sell the book back to the bookstore.
- Flexible renting periods and you can even buy the book at the end of the quarter if you decide that you think it'll be good for future reference.
- They donate to Operation Smile with each textbook rented, and have committed to donate a minimum of 80 additional surgeries between June 2013 and June 2014. Operation Smile provides free surgeries to repair cleft lip, cleft palate and other facial deformities for children around the globe.
In addition to renting college textbooks, CampusBookRentals.com offers RentBack.com - so you can rent your books to other students and make a little bit of cash. All you have to do is send your book to their warehouse and they rent it for you. As the book gets checked out, you get paid. That's it!
Oh, and one more thing: Want to get your textbooks for free? You can enter to win a textbook scholarship. All you have to do is fill out a short form and at the end of each semester a few random winners will be chosen to get up to $250 in textbook rentals!
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by CampusBookRentals.com and contains affiliate links. All opinions expressed are my own.