Monday, June 16, 2014
Apple Cider Chicken
For the apple cider chicken, you will need:
1/2 lb of butter, plus 1/4 lb and 1/4 lb for sides
8-10 chicken tenders, or 4 large chicken breasts
3/4 cup of apple cider (the real stuff, not apple juice)
1/2 lb of blanched green beans
1 lb of mushrooms
1 pint of heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Salt and Pepper
A loaf or two of easy dutch oven artisan bread (you'll need to start the dough at least one day before you make this chicken)
You will do:
1. Blanche the green beans and set aside.
2. Melt the 1/2 lb of butter (in small cubes) in a large pan. Add chicken and cook until both sides are browned.
3. While the chicken is cooking, cook the fresh mushrooms in a small pot with 1/4 lb of butter until they are soft. Heat up the blanched green beans in a separate pot with the remaining 1/4 lb of butter.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, keep it in the pan and pour in the apple cider. Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced and is a nice glaze on the chicken.
5. Slowly add the cream and stir often to create a nice sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Add the nutmeg and cinnamon at the very end.
Serve this chicken with green beans, mushrooms and that hearty bread. You can't skip on bread with this meal - it's so delightfully sinful to dip the bread in the remaining sauce.
As a growing family of 4 I make it a goal to source the best quality meat at the best prices. That's why I buy all of our meat through Zaycon Fresh. Every 6 months I order 80 lbs of fresh chicken breasts and I cut them into individual dinner serving sizes and freeze. We've saved hundreds of dollars in the price of meat as well as I always have the convenience of not having to go to the grocery store to purchase meats. Sign up for Zaycon Fresh and see all the different meats you can buy - beef, pork, chicken, sausages, bacon, turkey and more! By signing up for Zaycon Fresh I get a referral bonus, so thanks in advance for helping me feed my family!