I participated in a campaign on behalf of Millennial Central for Mrs. T’s Pierogies. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
One of my favorite ways to bring support for new families is by bringing them a meal. We have been so blessed by family and friends who have been bringing us meals during Ruby's first month. It's really taken a load off of my shoulders (and let's be realistic- I've picked up a few new ideas for what to cook in the future!).
But I've also taken a step towards normalcy and have actually hosted a meal or two of my own! I can hear you veteran mamas clucking your tongues and reminding me to take it easy and just to let people help. But feeding people is a joy to me; and one that I can't deny myself of doing for too long.
Baby steps, though. I know my limits! So what is a super easy, quick and delicious meal that I can whip up in under 20 minutes that is a guaranteed win? Mrs. T's Pierogies, of course!
What is a Pierogie, you might ask? It's the Polish version of ravioli, to be honest. Mrs T's offers a variety of frozen flavors, such as potato and cheese (our favorite). You can serve these as a main or side dish, or create a fun finger food for a get together with friends. You can do them super simplely or fancy them up. There's no limit to how you can prepare them! You can even check out my Seahawks Beastmode inspired pierogies. ;)
Our favorite way to prepare Mrs. T's is very simple and only takes a few key ingredients.
You will need:
1 package of Mrs. T's Pierogies per 2 adults
1/2 lb of bacon
1/2 white or sweet Walla Walla onion, sliced thinly
You will do:
1. Chop your bacon into large bacon bit size. Cook on the frying pan until done; transfer to a plate and blot up the grease. Keep the remaining grease in the pan on low heat.
2. Gently saute your onion in the bacon grease.
3. While sauteeing the onions, boil your pierogies. Once they float they are all done!
4. Using a slotted spoon transfer the boiled pierogies to the pan with the onions. Turn up the heat to about medium and allow them to cook on each side until slightly crispy and brown.
5. Serve immediately with a dollop of sour cream on the side. YUM!
Whether it's game day, the season premiere of your favorite show, or just an average weeknight, Mrs. T's Pierogies are a delicious and perfect addition to any at-home get-together with friends. You can find 11 different Mrs. T's Pierogies flavors to fit the tastes of your family.
Find more fun ways to serve pierogies by following Mrs. T's Pierogies on