Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Quick and Easy Pesto Pasta - Guest post from Saving for a Purpose


Guess what I'm doing today? You got it. Tearing apart my house. Today I'd like to welcome Betsy from Saving for a Purpose. She shares a super easy and tasty pasta pesto recipe that is great to pull out when you're in a pinch for dinner!


If you like the Noodles & Company Pesto Cavatappi you might want to try this recipe it is so simple but so good!  

IMG_20130412_094908_050

You will need:
Cellentani noodles
Pesto (you can make your own)
mushrooms (if desired)
sun dried tomatoes (if desired)

Not only will you enjoy a delicious meal but you will save money by making it at home!
 This is what I did…  
  • Make noodles as directed.
  • Drain
  • Add the pesto, look below to see what I used.
  • you might want to add a little butter or parmesan cheese
    IMG_20130407_181223_470
IMG_20130407_180952_524The whole meal took less than 30 minutes to make and was really good.  This makes a lot of pasta for one person so I enjoyed the rest of it for lunch the next day.  It reheated very well, it is also tasty cold, I couldn't help it and had to sneak a few noodles before it went in the microwave. :)
I used Buitoni Pesto with Basil…I added the whole container to the pasta, it was the perfect amount.  I have used a non refrigerated variety in a glass jar and did not like it.  I am sticking with the Buitoni.






Betsy is from SavingforaPurpose.com. She likes to craft, cook, bake and save time and money where it is possible without sacrificing family and fun time.  She tries to help others through her money saving endeavors.  

Want to write for The Pierogie Mama? Send me an email!

thepierogiemama@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...