Sunday, December 22, 2013

Undercover Mama Nursing Tanks

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

A common question that soon-to-be mamas ask is ...


It's not a super simple question to answer. It all depends on your levels of comfort with nursing.

As I enter into my second round of nursing (with 20 months under my belt), if I could give my first-time mama self a bit of advice it would be to loosen up. I was so worried about what people would think, I convinced myself that all eyes in the room were on me and it just made me nervous. This time around I'm not going to worry as much and just mind my own business - as other people should.

As a general idea for what you can add to your wardrobe to make nursing easier, here are a few tips that I've picked up:


  • Most women will have at least one nursing cover, though some may find that a simple blanket over the shoulder or cuddled up near baby's face (if it's too hot to completely cover up or if baby doesn't like being totally hidden). I liked the cuddly blanket idea because it gave my daughter fresh air but I was also able to easily cover more skin if I felt that I needed to.
  • Loose tops that can be easily pulled up or down, as well as button up shirts, were a staple.
  • Dedicated nursing wear found through maternity retailers

But I'm a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl during the summer - and one thing I hated about nursing in a t-shirt was that when I pulled up my shirt to nurse, my sides and tummy would show. It was uncomfortable and I was so self conscious about it, even though I had no reason to be.

This time around I am so excited to get to try out the Undercover Mama nursing top. It works just like as if you'd have a tank top underneath your shirt, but you can wear it with your favorite nursing bra.

See Undercover Mama nursing tops in action. I can't wait to welcome Miss Ruby and share with you all how it works for us :)

The awesome part? You can even wear these without the use of a nursing bra!

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Undercover Mama! Although, I do feel like they run a bit small - they fit me better once I lose some of my baby belly :) So right now, I'm wearing them just about everyday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get a chance to try them the first time around so I'm excited to live outside of nursing tanks for this round! ;)

      Delete
  2. see, i need something like this! with my two boys, i nursed with a blanket over my shoulder. that was my nursing top. i tried nursing tops from motherhood but it wasn't working. i still used a blanket. i will have to buy one of these tanks =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I alternated between a blanket and a hooter hider - both just really annoying!! This time around, now that I know how to 'manage my business' (LOL), I think the Undercover Mama tanks will work perfectly for us!

      Delete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...