Sunday, December 1, 2013

Homemade Vanilla Extract is easy with Beanilla #santaslilhelper

These days I've been baking up a storm in my house. That's kind of what the holidays are about for me.

Only the Lord knows exactly how much vanilla a standard American family goes through in a holiday season, and I don't think I even want to venture a guess. Vanilla is by far my favorite spice to bake with and too often it's under rated. I'll admit that there have been times where I've been caught with the 'imitation' version of vanilla extract and honestly... it's just one of those things that doesn't compare.

 Unfortunately good quality vanilla is also hard to come by. This year I decided to give home brewed vanilla extract a shot with Beanilla's homemade vanilla extract infusion kit.


This kit comes with 2 out of 3 of the necessary parts - a bottle and vanilla beans. All you need to do is add 1 cup of liquor, such as vodka. The instructions even come on the bottle, in case this wasn't easy enough for you :)


Wait 8 weeks and you've got homemade vanilla extract.

So maybe this won't get me through the holiday season, but it'll definitely be nice once the holidays are over and I've got this wonderful batch waiting for me to try out :)

Beanilla offers a wide variety of affordable vanilla beans, as well as saffron, extracts, bottles and sampler packs.
Visit Beanilla Online   // facebook // twitter

Enter to win a Beanilla homemade vanilla extract infusion kit for your kitchen as a part of my Santa's Little Helper Giveaway Prize Pack! Included is a matching mama - child apron set from Cupcake Provacateur and a custom lettered ornament from Chalk Treatment


Have you ever made your own vanilla extract, or used real vanilla beans? 

Disclosure: Product was provided to facilitate this review. 
No other compensation was provided. All opinions are my own.

6 comments:

  1. No I have never made my own vanilla bean extract, I did try vanilla bean in ice cream one year at my daughter in laws house and that turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I actually have a bunch of vanilla beans from my sister when she was in Madagascar and haven't known what to do with them. Making my own extract would be a fantastic use, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never attempted to make my own....sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't attempted to make any myself but I've wanted to for a while! Been too chicken to try it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make my own but it's pretty weak.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making my own vanilla! It takes a while to get the full flavor, and it's not as strong as the store bought stuff, but still really good!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...