Saturday, December 28, 2013

Monk Fruit In The Raw Green Smoothie #mc

I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Monk Fruit In The Raw. I received a promotional item and product sample as a thank you for participating.


After a recent midwife appointment, I was reminded that I really need to watch my iron intake. I've been chronically anemic for as long as I can remember, but it really has only mattered to me when I wanted to donate plasma and while I'm pregnant or breastfeeding. This second pregnancy has been so chill that I've admittedly been really bad about making sure all of my vitamin intakes are up to par - so I've taken this reminder and plan on incorporating a green smoothie or two into my daily diet (and it won't hurt to give some to Penny either!) in addition to my normal iron supplement.


A sweetener that I've recently been introduced to is Monk Fruit In The Raw. I've used In The Raw products for baking in the past, but hadn't tried it out otherwise.  Monk Fruit In The Raw is made from monk fruit, native to South East Asia and is an alternative to traditional cane sugar.
Monk Fruit In The Raw packets and Bakers Bags are easy to use because they substitute into your recipes one for one to sugar, so no worries about figuring out if it will alter your recipes. Monk Fruit In The Raw does not contain added table sugar, sugar alcohols (erythritol), or molasses.


Check out this yummy smoothie that is sure to get your iron levels up too if you need it :) I can see adding this to my toddler-friendly avocado smoothie instead of honey!

Ingredients

1cup spinach, lightly packed
1/2cup baby kale, lightly packed, or 1 curly kale leaf, torn into 1-inch pieces
1/2Granny Smith apple, peeled, seeded, and diced
11/2-inch slice fresh ginger
3/4cup chilled coconut water
1packet Monk Fruit In The Raw®

Preparation

In a blender, whirl the spinach, kale, apple, and ginger with the coconut water on low for 10 seconds, then increase the speed to high and whirl for 30 seconds. Mix in the Monk Fruit In The Raw® and pour the smoothie into a tall glass. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good. I have always wanted to get into juicing and this seems like something I would like!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...